Give to your favorite local project in IMBA’s Dig In campaign and REI will match all donations up to $25,000!
MTB Project Logo

Trail suggestions, Denver

Original Post
Nikolaj LR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, 

Any of you have suggestions for a nice ride in Denver area ? 

What is a nice ride now you ask ;o) 

A fast flow trail, something technical but not too crazy since I am going for  1/2 ironman the week after and do not want to risk an injury. Scenic rather than difficult. Ride length: 3-4 hours. An easy to find an navigate around trail is preferable too ;o) 

I'll be in the area on Saturday June 10. Is there anything to be aware of when riding in the area? High temperatures, animals?

Having company on the ride would be great too, so if you plan going out riding and do not mind company I am game. Nothing too technical for me though... 

I will be renting a bike in a local shop, Peak Cycles probably. Tried Golden Bike shop, but unfortunately they are closed on saturdays. Will a trance/ Stumpjumper FSR Exper be appropriate for your trails?

Thanks, 

Nikolaj

Nikolaj LR · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Cenntenial Cone? Seems tricky to find the directions?

North Table? 

Mount Falcon -but speed limit of 15mph? 

Other suggestions?

Cheers, 

Nikolaj

Keenan Wulff · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm not the best person to be answering this, but I would throw in Staunton Park as one of the suggestions.  It's a little far away and not very technical, but it's fairly uncrowded and very scenic.  Trails are well-maintained and easily navigable, and there are some hikers in the lower parts, but clear out as you get away from the main trail.  I think there are some new trails that aren't listed on this site (I haven't been there yet this year, so idk how they are), but the full clockwise loop should be good for a few hours.

I haven't been to the parks you list in a while, but if you're planning to go to North Table, know that Golden can get pretty hot pretty quickly, so avoid the midday.  Also, watch out for rattlesnakes there (Centennial Cone and Stauton are both too high for them, but I've heard of people getting bit while hiking the Table Mesas).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply