Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Is there a way to use advanced trail search in MTBproject?

Original Post
luis aguilar · · Atlanta · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hi! I am trying to do trail searches by more criteria than just location or name... it would be great to be able to search by level; for example, trails I can do with my family which would need to be mostly green maybe a little blue... 

What I am doing now is pretty much click on every trail.. but was wondering if there is an advanced search way to do it?  

thank you!!

Luis

Jim Swanson · · Central Ohio · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

This would also help me a lot too!!!

Ken DeRose · · Parker, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

I agree.  That feature would be extremely helpful.  MTBProject used to have that ability, where you selected your desired ride distance on a slidebar and checked each of the trail ratings (Green, Green/Blue, etc.) that you wanted, but MTBProject has removed that feature.  Can someone from MTBP weigh in here to inform us if this feature is coming back?

David Carey · · Morrison, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 0

Mountain Project has this capability and it is extremely useful.  I use it to find climbs a certain number of pitches at a certain grade and quality.  Searching these trails by difficulty and length would be very awesome!  The site is awesome as is of course!

Cheers

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,506

Hey everyone! 

If you head to the US state area directory here, and then to the state and city or area you want to ride in, you can deselect the difficulties you don't want to see (the default is to show all trails) and then edit the area range and ratings to further narrow or expand your results.

Hope that helps! 

luis aguilar · · Atlanta · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Zander, tried your recommendation and it really helps, thank you!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Is there a way to use advanced trail search in…"
in the Bike & Gear Discussion