Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Best Trails and Bike Rental Deals in Silverthorne/Frisco Co.

Original Post
Molly McFadden · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hey everyone! 

I am traveling to Silverthorne Colorado from June 1-5 and would love to do some riding. I am from Florida so definitely not use to actual mountains! I heard there are some places where you can ride a ski lift to the top with your bike and just ride downhill all day, is this true?! Where is this magical place? Also just looking for suggestions on where to ride and get bike rentals for a good deal. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :) 

Thanks so much! 

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5,751

Hey Molly,

A little bit of a bummer, but it appears that the bike parks in CO don't start opening until a few days after you leave... Keystone is probably the most popular/closest and Breck isn't far, either. However, looks like their lifts will start spinning on 6/9 or 6/10.

Early-June is a tough time of year as trails can either be good to go, or wet/snowy/muddy. Keep an eye on the conditions for the Frisco/Silverthorne area as those trails dry out a little earlier than the mountainous stuff. Best guess as to what will be ready to go is this Frisco ride: https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/6236742

In any case, I'm not familiar with bike rentals in that area, so hopefully someone else chimes in here!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Best Trails and Bike Rental Deals in Silverthor…"
in the Trip Reports