Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
31 mi 50 km of trail — 0 Rides
Straddling the border of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area offers a relaxing retreat from the urban bustle of New York City, Philadelphia, and beyond. Enjoy taking in views from various ridgelines, splash downriver in a kayak or canoe, or fly fish for the day's catch. No matter how you choose to unwind or recreate, the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area offers an outlet for you.
To learn more about the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, visit www.nps.gov.
Fees & Passes:
There is no fee to enter the recreation area, however Expanded Amenity Fees are charged at various location between April and October. The following areas are subject to Expanded Amenity Fees:
- Milford Beach (Pennsylvania)
- Dingmans Access (Pennsylvania)
- Bushkill Access (Pennsylvania)
- Smithfield Beach (Pennsylvania)
- Watergate Recreation Site (New Jersey)
- Turtle Beach (New Jersey)
Expanded Amenity Fees are not covered by America the Beautiful Annual Passes. More information about fees and passes can be found here.
Camping & Lodging
The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area operates a variety of developed campgrounds available for visitors. Camping is only permitted in designated areas. Campgrounds may close during winter months, so be sure to check for availability.
- Dingmans Campground: Rates subject to change. Open April through October. Group sites and river sites available. Reservations are recommended.
- Mohican Outdoor Center: Rates subject to change. Open year round. Group sites are available. Reservations are recommended.
- Worthington State Forest Campground: Rates are subject to change. Group sites are available. Reservations are recommended.
Special Use Camping:
- Backcountry camping is limited to thru-hikers of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail. These sites are also limited to those travelers committed to extended trips. Overnight campgrounds are available for all other visitors.
- River Camping is available free of charge at a variety of locations along the water. Stays are limited to one night. See the complete list of regulations for more information.
The only lodging within the park is available at the Mohican Outdoor Center. Cabin style lodging with bunk space is offered along the Appalachian Trail. Click here for more information. More lodging is available outside of the park in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Food & Drink
Trails in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - 1
MTB Project is built by riders like you. Add Your Trails