Lake Mackenzie Hut
This is one of four DOC Great Walk huts on the Routeburn Track. There are also campsites at Routeburn Flats and Lake Mackenzie. This hut is in a beautiful spot, and offers a great day walk option as well as an easy overnight adventure for the whole family from the Milford Road/ Te Anau end.
In summer season (Late October to Late April), there are:
- 50 bunks with mattresses in a communal sleeping layout.
- Water supply, flushing toilets, wash basins with cold running water (but no showers).
- Heating with fuel available, and solar lighting in the communal kitchen area.
- Cooking facilities with fuel, tables and seating (but no cooking utensils).
In winter season (Early May to Late October):
- Gas is not provided - you will need to bring your own cooking stove.
- Flush toilets are replaced with pit toilets.
- Running water is turned off inside the huts. Water can be obtained from the outside water tank, if this is frozen, then from the nearest water course or by melting snow.
- There are no conservation rangers based at the huts.
- Beds are on a first come basis only
Summer season (late October to late April)
- Adult (18+ years): $54 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free but booking still required
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Child (under 17 years): free
Lake Mackenzie Hut Biking
- 0 Miles 0 Kilometers of Trail
- 0 Recommended Routes
- 0 Easy Trails
- 0 Intermediate Trails
- 0 Difficult Trails
MTB Project is built by riders like you. Share what you know about this area!