Lassen Volcanic National Park
0 mi 0 km of trail — 0 Featured Rides
Home to Lassen Peak, the largest plug dome volcano in the world, Lassen Volcanic National Park features mountain lakes, stunning meadows, fumaroles, and a number of volcanoes. A vast network of hydrothermally-heated water features and knifing peaks are a reminder of the volatile history of this park. Explore the many trails of the park throughout the year to experience the impressive landscapes and dramatic changes between seasons.
To learn more about Lassen Volcanic National Park, visit www.nps.gov.
Fees and Passes:
To learn more about park fees and passes, click here.
Camping & Lodging
There are eight campgrounds in the park with over 450 sites with a variety of amenities. Four of the eight campgrounds are on a first come, first served basis while the rest of the campsites must be reserved throughrecreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777. Additional information about the campgrounds can be found at the park's website.
- Butte Lake: Sites in Loop B are reservable. Open June 10 to October 25.
- Juniper Lake: Sites filled on a first come, first served basis. Open July 1 to October 11.
- Manzanita Lake: Loops A and C are reservable; Loops B and D are first come, first served. Open May 27 until snow closure.
- Summit Lake North: Loops B , C and D are reservable; Loops A and E are first come, first served. Open July 1 to September 13.
- Summit Lake South:Loops B , C and D are reservable; Loops A and E are first come, first served. Open July 1 to September 27.
- Southwest Walk-in: Sites filled on a first come, first served basis. Open year round.
- Warner Valley: Sites filled on a first come, first served basis. Open June 3 to October 11.
- Volcano Adventure Camp (previously Crags Campground): Youth camping facility - closed to the public. Open August 7 to October 11.
The Drakesbad Guest Ranch in Warner Valley is the only lodging option located in the park. The ranch is typically open June 3 to October 11, weather permitting. Reservations can be made online. Additional lodging is available in the nearby towns of Burney, Chester, Lake Almanor, Mt. Shasta, Red Bluff, and Redding.